Our client is seeking Java Software Engineers who are pragmatic in balancing priorities and enjoy working in an iterative model where application features and server improvements are released every other week and bug-fixes are deployed as needed.
On a daily basis, you will spend 50% of your time developing new features, 30% of your time investigating/reproducing/resolving bugs, and about 20% of your time driving testing and creating helpful documentation.
- Design and implement REST APIs for mobile and web clients including our payment devices, web dashboard, and 3rd party apps
- Identify technical requirements in product meetings and assist the business team with realistic project planning and feature development; translate product requirements into functional, maintainable, extensible software that is in-line with company objectives
- Own your merchant-facing services /features from development through deployment and production monitoring
- Work with the Infrastructure Team to design data models to support large-scale highly available services
- Work with QA to develop test plans/strategies
- Participate in a regular on-call rotation
- Strong coding skills; Java is our language of choice
- Familiarity with MySQL
- Experience with API design
- Superior problem-solving skills and debugging capabilities
- Flexible and self-driven
Nice to have:
- Interest in working with multiple parts of the stack
We are interested in hiring flexible engineers who are not afraid to be involved in product discussions and work with multiple parts of the stack. If this sounds like you, then apply today.