Are you passionate about Cloud technology? Are you motivated to drive innovation? Is the idea of enabling Amazon to continue to be the first and best user of AWS technology exciting to you? Then this role might be perfect for you. We are looking for a software developer to play a critical role in driving the continuous adoption of AWS technology at Amazon.
In this role you will have the opportunity to work across the entire company. You will work directly with service owners in the business re-architecting and designing new services to take advantage of the latest AWS offerings. You will ensure that AWS services meet the evolving needs of enterprises at the largest scale.
You will have the opportunity to build and expand our Center of Excellence for AWS usage at Amazon. This will include documenting and evangelizing best practices, running efficiency programs and improving our operational efficiency year over year.
The ideal candidate for this role will have experience designing large-scale company-wide initiatives. You will need to be very good at dealing with ambiguity and driving to clarity. The ideal candidate will be able to have strong architectural skills and ability to make trade-offs in an ambiguous environment while working in a fast pace team.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent combination of technical education and work experience;
- 4+ years of Software Development experience;
- Proven track record of building large-scale, highly available, low latency, high quality distributed systems and software products
- Experience with Agile Management (SCRUM, RUP, XP)
- Software development experience in Linux, Java,C++, C#, AWS, S3,
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
- A desire to contribute to an environment where everyone wants to work hard, have fun, and to make history.
- Experience developing or contributing to industry software frameworks (RestEasy, gRPC, Jersey, Apache CFX, WCF, etc)
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline.
- Deep hands-on technical expertise
- Strong business and technical vision
- A deep understanding of software development in a team, and a track record of shipping software on time
- Exceptional customer relationship skills including the ability to discover the true requirements underlying feature requests, recommend alternative technical and business approaches, and lead engineering efforts to meet aggressive timelines with optimal solutions.