This is a great opportunity to join a fast-expanding Fintech that is disrupting and revolutionising the finance industry.
We are looking for smart & enthusiastic full-stack and back-end developers, who can thrive in a fast-paced, fun & bleeding-edge technology environment and who are looking to challenge themselves and us to do better.
We are an expanding Agile company building up cross-functional teams to deliver high quality, scalable software solutions via Kanban methodologies. Kaizen (continuous improvement) is a key part of our DNA.
As a senior member of a dynamic cross-functional team you will have many responsibilities including but not limited to:
- Contribute to and drive the success of the team in designing, developing, testing and delivering high-quality enterprise-grade software solutions
- Working closely with engineers, architects and product managers across the whole business. Engaging with distributed teams and partners to ensure cohesive development across the platform and technical stacks.
- Contribute to story refinement and create solution designs
- Ability to design and implement solutions to complex problems with minimal supervision
- Participate in code, test and design reviews
- Mentor junior software developers on design patterns and development best practices
- Investigate, evaluate & introduce appropriate tools, technologies & techniques.
- Team player with good communication and interpersonal skills
- You’re willing to balance both business and technical requirements.
- You take pride in the ownership of your projects and code.
- You value simplicity and maintainability over excessively abstracted solutions.
- You have curiosity beyond your own domain of expertise
- Self-discipline/self-starter/positive attitude
- Drive & commitment to meeting schedules
- Analytical with strong attention to detail
Along with 5+ years of real-world commercial experience in delivering production-grade software, it would be useful if you also had:
- Experience working in an Agile development environment within scrum or Kanban teams
- Strong industry C# .NET application development experience (up to .NET Core 2.0)
- Experience working with .NET web application development technologies (E.g. C#, Linq, Entity Framework, MVC, Dependency Injection, Message Queuing)
- Experience in automated testing, working with a number of automated frameworks (e.g. MSTest, NUnit, Moq, Jasmine, Robot, Cucumber, Selenium/Protractor, etc)
- Working knowledge of OO Design principles and patterns such as SOLID & DRY
- Good understanding of Web Services protocols such as REST and API design for extensibility and portability
- Proven experience developing SaaS on Azure or AWS
- Experience debugging distributed systems with high loads including performance and memory profiling
- Strong industry experience in architecture and development of scalable production quality backend systems, including HA, DR, security and resiliency aspects.
- Experience with designing and implementing microservices
- Experience working with business stakeholders to understand business requirements and build thoughtful solutions
- Commercial Java application development experience, including sprintboot
- Experience with Python
- Solid working knowledge of database design, scripting and optimisation including MS SQL Server, MongoDB & other NoSQL & RDBMS.
- Expertise in application integration technologies (SSO, OAuth, etc.)
- Any Blockchain/DLT experience/understanding a benefit
- Experience working with containers and orchestration platforms (Docker, Swarm, Kubernetes, AKS, etc.)
- Secure development and integration of DevOps tooling (Jenkins, GitHub Enterprise, Consul, Vault, Terraform, AWS CloudFormation, Azure Manager Resource templates, workflows, vendor SaaS, etc.)
- Experience of powershell, bash, Helm
- Competitive salary in a fast-growing start-up
- Generous vacation policy and flexible holidays so you can take time off when you need it
- Growing your family? We know how important those first few months are for both parents,and are offering paid leave for both mums and dads so you can enjoy the new arrival!
- We love the environment and encourage you to leave your car at home thanks to our Cycle to Work program!
- Keep active with numerous fitness team events and challenges organised throughout the year
- MacBooks or Windows – you chose the type of equipment you need to work more efficiently