Business today depends on technology as never before, to drive transformation, productivity and growth. Organisations must innovate to stay ahead of the game, using technology to enable change. Deloitte combines powerful process with technology implementation capability which enables us to take strategic plans and designs, and help our clients turn them into reality.
From advisory to technology-enabled transformation programmes, we work with business leaders to solve their toughest challenges through applied innovation – backed by worldwide resources, deep strategic alliances, and full-spectrum delivery across strategy, implementation, management and operations. The result? Technology’s promise fulfilled.
Technology Consulting | Systems Integration
Deloitte has exciting career opportunities for Senior Java Developers within the Systems Integration Team. The purpose of this role is to help clients realise the business value from IT. Using the latest technologies you will be continually encouraged to devise innovative solutions, to help our clients manage and deliver the operational elements of technology.
You will develop your technical and business skill set across industry sectors. You will work on diverse and varied projects with our clients to transform or develop their technology strategy.
Deloitte offer the opportunity to work with a variety of clients across a number of different sectors. We provide a challenging and exciting work environment with scope for personal development and on-going training.
You will be responsible for
- Building from Technical designs;
- Following the relevant development standards;
- Performing unit testing of each component;
- Deploying to Integration test;
- Supporting Integration and System Test;
- Resolving any issues that arise during Integration and System Test.
- Investigating, prioritizing live incidents.
- Determining the cause of live incidents.
- Developing workarounds to allow processing to continue while code fixes are being developed.
- Developing fixes in emergency circumstances.
- Using incident management procedures.
- Communicating with helpdesks, business and Test/Development Teams.
- Third level qualification in Computer Science/Engineering or a related discipline
- Java, J2ee and spring framework development experience
- 4+ years of demonstrable industry experience in one or more of the following:
- Systems Analysis & Design; Software Development
- Object Orientated Design; Software Development techniques
- Agile highly desirable
- Any Java Technologies; Hibernate, Spring Webflow, Spring ROO, AXIS Web services, XML, XSLT, Ant/Maven, JUnit, Hudson
- Database Development & Administration in – Oracle, SQL Server in particular
- Development Experience in Multiple Operating Systems
- Implementation of Software Patterns; Web Design and Development
- Highly motivated, with a proven ability to work on own initiative within a challenging and dynamic work environment
- Strong communication (both spoken and written), planning, networking and influencing skills
- Strong analytical skills and logical approach
- Strong commitment to professional and client service excellence
Why join Deloitte:
We offer the opportunity to work with diverse and varied clients across a number of different industry sectors. We provide a challenging and exciting work environment with scope for personal development and on-going training. You will be continually encouraged to devise innovative solutions in order to help deliver our clients’ needs, whilst developing both your technical and business skill set.
- Training opportunities (access to premium online training platforms, in-house training, internal & external technical training, certification/exam support)
- Professional subscription: the firm will cover the cost of annual subscription to one approved professional body
- Tech events: attending external and Deloitte Technology’s internal Tech seminars with SMEs in the practice as well as external speakers (topics in the past have included Azure, AWS, Big Data, Blockchain, DevOps, MuleSoft, Robotics)
- Deloitte Unplugged programme: initiatives which focus on employee wellness and wellbeing
- Corporate deals: discounts are available from a variety of organisations
- Tax efficient travel pass: save up to 51% on travel costs if you take part in our Taxsaver Commuter Ticket scheme
- Cycle to work scheme: Deloitte will facilitate the purchase of a bicycle and/or accessories up to a maximum of €1,000 through the cycle to work scheme. The scheme is tax efficient meaning savings of up to 51% on your purchase
- Bonus scheme
- Pension scheme options available
- Life assurance
- Health insurance discounts
- Social events
- Flu vaccination
- Eye test