If you want to be a driving force in taking the Internet to the next level, integrating new ways to communicate and distribute information, and be connected to every product, service and system throughout Verizon Media, then a place on one of our talented tech teams in our Dublin office is for you.
The Opportunity – DevOps Engineer
As a member of the DevOps team in Dublin, your responsibilities extend across two major functional areas – the operational health of application systems in a 24x7x365 production environment and the integration of changes to component applications produced by development teams. You must be comfortable with the ability to rapidly assess, aalyze and resolve complicated issues in a short timeframe. Key Responsibilities will include:
● DevOps representative within O2 Video Exchange Platform, speaking to operational requirements, design considerations, and production impacts for new development efforts. In turn, the DevOps Engineer owns various tasks within the systems development lifecycle (SDLC), along with the final application products of these efforts and their integration into production
● Research, design, develop and implement solutions for fault tolerance, performance, capacity and monitoring for applications
● Design, develop, and implement documentation and/or tools to facilitate the DevOps and NOC team responsibilities and application maintenance
● Help define and communicate operational standards/expectations (e.g. DevOps expects that the application has X, Y & Z before it can be supported in production)
● Working in a CI/CD agile environment with a dedicated team of engineers and technologies including AWS, Docker, Packer, Ansible, Aerospike, Apache, Tomcat, Java, Jetty, MySQL, Hadoop and more.
● Provide Tier 2 support to issues escalated from NOC team. Work with development teams to resolve Tier 3 issues
● Serve in a 24/7 on-call rotation as an escalation contact for service trouble incidents
● The DevOps Engineer should have (high level) Linux operating systems skills, including HA configurations, security and patch management administration
● Experience in managing hosts in a private cloud environment, like AWS
● Experience with containerization, Kubernetes desirable
● Experience managing large server fleets is highly desired, using CI/CD tools, like Ansible, Jenkins, Packer
● Functional scripting experience to produce solutions and perform troubleshooting. (python, shell scripting, bash)
● Grasp of Internet network concepts, protocols and associated services (TCP/IP, HTTP, FTP, SCP, DNS)
● Functional experience in relational databases and SQL. You must be capable enough in SQL to author data extraction queries to investigate performance and troubleshooting
● Functional understanding of application development. Ideal Individual will have some implementation experience in a 3rd or 4th generation language.
● Strong analytical and critical thinking skills. You will frequently be required to analyze and predict performance capabilities of a given application system
● Strong communication (both verbal and written) incumbent must be able to exchange information with technical and non-technical individuals in a clear and concise manner
● Preferred bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related discipline AND
● Several years experience in a technical role involving applications operation and management, preferably in a 24-7-365 production environment.
Verizon Media offers a competitive salary and benefits package, including pension matching and performance bonus. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on race, gender, veteran status, disability or other protected category.