As a DevOps Engineer in Service Cloud, not only will you be responsible for keeping our Digital Engagement product suites up and running, you will also have the ability to shape the tools to smoothly run our development lifecycle and automate all aspects of our environment. As we transform continuous integration and delivery into the public cloud platforms, you will have first-hand opportunity to participate in the implementation and rollout. You will be working closely with the Product Engineering and Production SysEng teams to support our customers across the globe. While personality and ability to learn are keys to success on our team, you should already have the technical skills described below to hit the ground running. Please come and join us in the fast-growing Salesforce.com Service Cloud organization.
- Work collaboratively with product engineering to manage and operate our test and performance systems.
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues in our development, test, and production environments.
- Automate and streamline our operations and processes, to achieve high-available service.
- Build and maintain tools for deployment, monitoring, and operations.
- Manage the CI/CD pipelines to public cloud platforms, utilizing push-button deployment at scale with zero downtime.
- Using new technologies that improve our tools and performance across our whole software stack and infrastructure.
- Hands-on in scripting languages (e.g. Perl, Python, Shell) and Java skills
- 1+ year experience working on Linux/Unix platforms.
- Build/Release experience (of Java-based, on-demand applications).
- Working knowledge with implementation of monitoring and management tools.
- Demonstrated ability to support Development Operations in dev, test environments
- Automation experience is a must.
- Passion for troubleshooting, hardening systems and automating repetitive tasks.
- Experience in managing automated CI systems and provisioning tools, such as Jenkins and Puppet.
- Knowledge and experience with software version control systems: Perforce, GIT (GitHub/Gitlab), etc
- Familiarity with splunk queries and reporting.
- Knowledge of best practices and IT operations in an always-up, always-available service.
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic and solution-oriented individual.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in CS.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Strong customer-focus.
- Software development background a plus.