Insurance company Hiscox just released its 2019 Ageism in the Workplace Study [pdf], which revealed some sobering statistics about the growing problem of age discrimination for American employers.
- The number of age-related discrimination charges filed with employers and the EEOC by workers aged 65-plus doubled from 1990 to 2017.
- 44 percent of employees report that they or someone they know experienced age discrimination in the workplace.
- 21 percent report they faced age discrimination themselves.
- 36 percent feel their age has prevented them from getting a job since turning 40.
- 26 percent feel there is some risk they could lose their current job because of age.
- Only 40 percent who experienced…
Credit to admin for the original post.